Entry #8 The Art of Fashion

We all know the world of fashion whether it's because of what we wear or what we see on social media and in our streets. However, today I want to introduce you all to the art side of the world of fashion. Avant-Garde is a french term and its style of fashion is very out there and it pushes the boundaries for people and designers. Designers like Thierry Mugler and Alexander McQueen have put the name "Avant-Garde" on the map, sharing their iconic garments across the globe. To define Avant-Garde fashion, I would say it's very intricate and well thought out, the designs are very sculptural and it's practically an art piece. To be honest this style of fashion is a personal favorite for me because of how cool and high fashion it is. I was introduced to this style from watching the popular tv show "Project Runway," every season they have one episode based on Avant-Garde fashion and the designers must create their own piece. Those episodes always get me excited because I loved to see how different and creative the designer's pieces are and see their take on the art style. That being said I also want to mention another similar style called Haute Couture. Haute Couture is a style of high fashion runway pieces that are very lux and beautifully crafted. I would say it's style is the same as Avant-Garde however, it has a more tasteful look and it isn't that out there. Haute Couture is most popular among cities like Paris France, New York City, and even Tokyo Japan, and it's always a show stopper on the runways. I hope this information urges you to do some research on these styles of fashion because they are simply just so cool and fun!!

Thank you!
-Brian

Comments